What is the Activator?
The Activator is a hand held instrument used by chiropractors to perform adjustments. The Activator works on the principles of reflex and vibration to correct subluxations, which are motion and position abnormalities of vertebrae and joints. The activator therefore provides an effective alternative adjustment to manual techniques.
The Activator is often used in the office in the following ways:
- As an adjunct to manual adjustments
- A gentler approach for the elderly and for young children
- For patients who do not like the “cracking sound” of the manual adjustment
- Patients with severe arthritic conditions, osteoporosis, severe pain, muscle spasms
What to expect on your first visit
During your first visit you will be asked to complete some paperwork that provides basic information about yourself and your reason for contacting us. A consultation with the chiropractor will give you the chance to discuss your concerns and get to know one another. The chiropractor will complete a thorough health history and examination of your spine and nervous system. The doctor will check your posture, range of motion, reflexes, and perform other chiropractic, physical, and orthopedic tests. If it is determined that yours is not a chiropractic problem, the proper referral will be made. If the doctor feels that chiropractic will help your condition, a diagnosis will be rendered and a care plan of specific chiropractic adjustments will be recommended.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Short-term and regular chiropractic care has a number of benefits including:
- Better physical function, performance, and as a result, more energy
- Improved nerve communication in the body
- Improved posture and balance
- Enhanced tissue healing
- Improved sense of well-being and relaxation
- Decreased stiffness and muscular spasms
- Relief from back and neck pain
- Relief from hip, knee, ankle and foot pain
- Relief from shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
- Relief from stress and tension disorders
The safety and effectiveness of chiropractic treatment have been studied in-depth and very carefully. Studies have found chiropractic to be extremely safe (low risk) and most effective in alleviating back pain, neck pain, headaches, and many other musculoskeletal conditions. If you are diagnosed with a condition more appropriately treated by another health care professional, we will make that referral.
Spinal & Postural Screenings
There is a saying that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Your spinal health is no exception. We can help reveal important health information. In order to help the Winnipeg community, we provide screenings at area malls, community events, health fairs and places of employment.
Contact us today at (204) 487-1357 or email us at email@example.com to arrange a screening at your event or workplace.